POSITION: Specialist, Third Party
DEPARTMENT: Accounts Receivable
MANAGER: Manager, Third Party Billing & Accounts Receivable
Thrifty White Pharmacy is seeking a Third Party Specialist in Plymouth, MN.
Provide excellent customer service as the main contact for third party plans and pharmacy personnel through phone and intranet requests. Navigate and operate Thrifty White technology to fully research and resolve issues related to third party payments. Utilize Microsoft Excel to investigate payment remits via 835 files. Research account balances in order to collect payments - including rebilling claims to private pay accounts, facility accounts, and third party insurance plans.
- Provide excellent service to third parties and pharmacy personnel via telephone, email and tech tickets.
- Use technology to ensure claims are billed to the appropriate payer.
- Rebill claims as needed to appropriate payers (i.e., private accounts and third party insurance).
- Research and resolve third party account balances, including billing / rebilling to private accounts or third party insurance.
- Use TWRx, insurance websites, People Soft, Intranet, Internet, MN ITS, Office Ally, and other resources as needed to complete rebilling.
- Bill customers as appropriate for copays and non-covered items to ensure payment is received and applied.
- Answer tech tickets related to third party issues.
- Identify areas of improvement within the third party team. Partner with coordinators and leadership to assist in implementing improvements to these processes.
- Assist with special projects as needed and requested by coordinators and leadership.
- Learn and implement new and changing technologies on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain flexibility as work roles / job responsibilities change as environment requires.
- Maintain a well groomed appearance in accordance with company guidelines to present a professional image of the office.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient PHI, following HIPAA guidelines and TW processes.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
- AAS Degree or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with customers, A/R team members, internal and external partners, and leadership.
- Excellent follow thru to ensure work is done correctly the first time and the customers concerns are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Background and familiarity of pharmacy insurance processing. If background does not exist, must be able and willing to quickly pickup new knowledge and apply it quickly.
- Moderate computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve using all tools and resources available prior to escalating the issue
- Operate phones and copy/print/scan machines
- Prioritize, multitask, and manage workload
- Handle stressful situations and difficult customers in a polite and professional manner
- Maintain effective working relationships with specialists and leadership
- Maintain confidentiality
- Must have the ability to have and maintain a clear record without exclusion, sanctions or debarments with the Office of the Inspector General at the time of hire and monthly thereafter.
We offer competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays and vacations, and a store discount for you and your family.
Thrifty White Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pharmacy Innovator of the Year by Drug Store News
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thrifty White Pharmacy
1800 Employee Owners working to keep you healthy!
We are a pharmacy chain fully owned by our employees. We are committed to the communities we serve and believe that our services and products must exceed the expectations of our customers. Our mission is to be the best pharmacy in every community we serve. Join the Thrifty White Family!
Watch the video to hear what our employees have to say.
|Read what our customers have said about how We Care from our Customer Service Surveys.|
Come join the team of employee owners that Minnesota Retails Association Awarded as the “Best Place to Work”
Company Website: www.thriftywhite.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)